|Job Title||Managing Paramedic Officer Certification|
This is a general application for Managing Paramedic Officer Certification. You will be asked to select a testing location and date during the application process.
- Hold Current Unrestricted State EMS Provider or the National Registry of EMTs Licensure OR have previous unrestricted State EMS Provider Licensure or National Registry Certification for at least 5 years.
- Have completed 20 Hours of American College of Paramedic Executives (ACPE) Qualifying Accredited EMS Management Education within the last 10 years (for example, CECs earned at EMS conferences such as EMS Today) - Waived for all 2017 Exams
- Have completed 100 Hours of American College of Paramedic Executives (ACPE) Qualifying Approved EMS Management Education within the last 10 years (for example, successful completion of NAEMT's Principles of Ethics and Personal Leadership course, CFO or EFO certification, Ambulance Service Manager (ASM), SafeTech Solutions EMS Leadership Academy, etc.)
Click here for a list of approved EMS Management Education.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years' EMS management experience
- Obtain three (3) Professional Reference Letters
- A minimum of an Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is highly recommended, but this requirement has been waived until 1/1/2020.
NEMSMA Membership is not required to obtain Managing Paramedic Officer Certification
How to Apply for the Exam:
- Complete the application for Managing Paramedic Officer Certification (click Begin above or below to begin the application)
- Submit all required documentation of the above Pre-requisites, as required by the application process by the deadline date of the location/date you choose.
- Pay the Certification Fee (currently $425 for Non-NEMSMA Members, $325 for NEMSMA Members)
- The MPO Oral Examination will be conducted via Skype and scheduled ahead of the written examination.
More information about the credentialing and examination process can be found on the NEMSMA website at www.nemsma.org.